We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
With more than 1,000 locations in 11 different states, Fifth Third Bank is accessible to millions of people. But why settle for simply opening a new account when it’s possible to get a bonus out of it? There is a rotating selection of Fifth Third bank promotions from which to choose—and if you play your cards right, you may be able to take home some extra cash when choosing to open a new bank account.
Fifth Third : Momentum Checking - $275
- Open a new Fifth Third bank account with your unique offer code. This code is automatically applied when you open an account via the bank’s offer page. Otherwise, you can enter your email and receive your code to take with you to apply at a branch in person. There is no minimum deposit to open an account, but it does need to be funded within 45 days.
- Receive at least $500 in direct deposits within 90 days. This can include a number of activities, such as an automated clearing house (ACH) credit, payroll payments, government pension deposits, or social security payments.
- Keep the account open and in good standing. Be sure not to close it or go negative while waiting for the bonus to post.
- Receive the bonus within 10 business days. Within 10 business days after completing the qualifying activities, the $275 bonus will be deposited into your account.
Earning these bank account bonuses is relatively simple compared to other banks since you only need to keep your account open and have a direct deposit.
- This offer is not available to people with an existing Fifth Third bank account.
- People who have closed a Fifth Third bank account within the last 13 months are also not eligible for the bonus.
- The account is completely free; there are no minimum balance requirements or hidden fees.
Fifth Third : Preferred Checking - $275
- Open a new Fifth Third bank account. You’ll need to use the promotion’s unique offer code, which can be found when applying via the offer page or by entering your email. You won’t need to make any minimum deposits, but you do need to fund the account within 45 days.
- Have at least $500 in direct deposits in the first 90 days. Direct deposits come in a variety of forms, but may include payroll from work, social security payments, or government pensions.
- Don’t close your account. In order to receive your bonus, you’ll need to keep the account open and in good standing.
- Get the bonus within 10 business days. Within 10 business days after completing qualifying activities, the $275 bonus will be deposited into your account.
- If you’ve already got a Fifth Third bank account, you cannot receive this bonus.
- If you’ve closed a Fifth Third bank account within the last 13 months, you’re not eligible to get the bonus.
- There are no fees associated with this account.
Compare Fifth Third Promotions
|Promotion||Bonus Amount||Promotion Expiry||Qualifications|
|Momentum Checking||$275||June 30, 2023||Direct deposit|
|Preferred Checking||$275||June 30, 2023||Direct deposit|
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Fifth Third Give Bonuses?
Yes, Fifth Third bank bonus promotions are available to eligible customers who open a new bank account. These can provide a varying amount of money and will depend on what type of account you’re opening. The current promotion bonus is $275 for either a Momentum or Preferred checking account.
Is Fifth Third a Good Bank?
Fifth Third bank accounts can provide a few different benefits to their customers, including free checking accounts, the ability to receive your paycheck early, and extra time to avoid overdraft charges. Be sure to compare these benefits to some of the other best banks on offer.
Do You Have to Pay Taxes on Fifth Third Bank Bonuses?
According to Fifth Third’s website, Fifth Third bank checking promotions can be taxable. These will be reported on the IRS Form 1099-INT, though you’ll want to consult with a tax professional to be sure that this is the case for you.
Are Fifth Third Accounts Available Nationwide?
Fifth Third currently operates locations in 11 different states:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Fifth Third. "Fifth Third Bank in the United States."
Fifth Third. "Fifth Third Banking Promotions."
Citi. "Earn Up to $2,000."
Huntington Bank. "Checking Account Bonus Offer."
Fifth Third. "Fifth Third Locations."