Affiliated with Freedom Financial Network, a company that provides consumer advocacy services, Freedom Plus is an online lender providing loans starting at 7.99% annual percentage rate (APR). Applicants who don’t live in states where Freedom Plus disburses loans will instead be directed to the company’s lender partners, who will walk them through their options.
Our Freedom Plus personal loan review will go over important details such as fees and the application process so that you can make an educated decision about whether to move forward.
- Product Specifications
- Pros & Cons
- APR Range 7.99% to 29.99%
- Loan Amounts $7,500 to $40,000
- Loan Terms 2 to 5 years
- Recommended Minimum Credit Score Unspecified
Option to apply with a co-borrower
Ability to receive one-on-one help
Doesn’t charge a prepayment penalty
Charges an origination fee
High minimum loan amount
Must work with lender partners in some states
- Origination fee: 0% to 4.99%
- Prepayment penalty: none
- Late fee: $15
- Option to apply with a co-borrower – Applicants who may not have sufficient income or a decent credit score may apply with someone else to increase their odds of getting approved.
- Ability to receive one-on-one help – Once you fill out the initial online application form you’ll speak with a loan consultant, who’ll guide you through your loan options and answer any questions you may have.
- No prepayment penalty – Freedom Plus won’t charge you a fee if you decide to make extra payments or pay off your loan early.
- Charges an origination fee – Borrowers could pay up to 4.99% in addition to their interest rate. This origination fee will be added to the final APR.
- High minimum loan amount – At $7,500, this amount could be high for those who don’t need a personal loan for that much. Also, residents in certain states may be required to take out a higher amount.
- Must work with lender partners in some states – In some states, such as California, residents are able to work with Freedom Plus directly. In other states, residents must be referred to lender partners, though it’s unclear who they are.
Types of Personal Loans Offered by Freedom Plus
Freedom Plus personal loans are available for many purposes, including financing a wedding, car repairs, relocation expenses, home improvement projects, medical bills, debt consolidation, and other types of major purchases.
Time to Receive Funds
The lender may approve your loan on the same day that you apply, and you’ll get your loan proceeds within 48 hours of approval.
Freedom Plus Personal Loan Features
Apply With a Co-Applicant
Freedom Plus allows co-applicants for its personal loans. Having one can help you with your chances of getting approved for a loan, particularly if you may not meet certain qualifications due to your credit score, income, or other financial factors.
Personalized Options Available
Freedom Plus lets applicants fill out a simple application form and speak with a loan consultant, who will work with them to determine the rates and terms available based on their financial information.
Apply for a Freedom Plus Personal Loan
Freedom Plus asks applicants to fill out a short form so they can check what they qualify for. A loan consultant will speak with you over the phone to complete the application process. Here’s what to expect:
- Indicate how much you want to borrow in Freedom Plus’ online application form.
- Indicate how you’re planning on using the personal loan and in which state you reside.
- Fill out personal details, such as your full name, email address, and phone number. You’ll need to agree for Freedom Plus or its lending partners to contact you via phone.
- Wait for a loan consultant to contact you to continue the application process or call 800-368-0061 to speak with one.
- Review loan offers and follow instructions to complete the application process. This can include providing supporting documentation and/or your co-applicant’s personal details.
Once Freedom Plus approves your loan and you sign your loan documents, the company will send you funds within 48 hours.
Can You Refinance a Personal Loan With Freedom Plus?
Freedom Plus doesn't allow refinancing for personal loans.
Freedom Plus offers competitive rates, though those with lower credit profiles may be offered a higher rate and pay an origination fee. The company is best for those who want to borrow a large sum of money and pay it back within a short amount of time, as that’s what can help you also qualify for the lowest rates.
For applicants who don’t have ample income or a decent credit score, it may not be the best fit unless they’re applying with a co-applicant. In this case, speaking with a loan consultant may show you what options are available. That way you can take that information and shop around with other lenders to find the best loan for your borrowing needs.
Investopedia is dedicated to providing consumers with unbiased, comprehensive reviews of personal loan lenders. We collected over 25 data points across more than 50 lenders—including interest rates, fees, loan amounts, and repayment terms—to ensure that our content helps users make the right borrowing decision for their needs.
FreedomPlus.com. "How Freedom Plus Works: Get Qualified." Accessed May 18, 2020.