We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Georgia MLS Training Institute offers an array of real estate training courses in the state of Georgia. Options include 75-hour pre-licensing training for future real estate agents, real estate broker training, and courses to help real estate professionals become licensed appraisers. The school also offers special "cram sessions" that can help you prepare for state licensing exams.
While pre-licensing training for real estate agents is often offered in person or online, the school is currently offering all of its courses virtually.
If you're considering a career in real estate and you plan to work in the state of Georgia, read on to learn about the main offerings of Georgia MLS Training Institute, the school's pros and cons, and how it stacks up to the competition.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission to teach real estate education in the state
Courses taught by real estate professionals with years or even decades of experience
Pre-licensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and cram sessions offered
No option for in-person training right now
Courses are specific to becoming a real estate agent in Georgia only
Limited refund policy
Access courses for 180 days
- Georgia MLS Training Institute offers training courses for real estate agents, brokers, and appraisers to help them meet pre-licensing requirements.
- All courses offered through Georgia MLS Training are being delivered in an online format at this time.
- Continuing education, post-licensing training, and cram sessions are also offered for Georgia real estate professionals.
- The school is affiliated with Georgia MLS, which is the largest multiple listing service in the Southeast.
Georgia MLS Training Institute was founded in 1970 and is affiliated with Georgia MLS, the largest multiple listing service in the Southeast. The school employs an array of experienced real estate trainers and instructors, many of whom have been working as real estate agents or brokers for decades themselves.
Note that the Georgia MLS Training Institute offers training for each stage of your real estate career, from pre-licensing to post-licensing for agents and brokers. Meanwhile, students can also turn to Georgia MLS Training Institute for training to become a licensed real estate appraiser.
The school is approved to teach real estate by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and the Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board.
- Year Founded 1970
- Kinds of Courses Pre-licensing and post-licensing for real estate agents and brokers, continuing education, cram sessions, and real estate appraiser courses
- States Where Courses Are Offered Georgia
- Price Salesperson Pre-Licensing: $450; Salesperson Post-Licensing: $145; Salesperson Cram Course: $65; Salesperson Continuing Education: $20 to $199; Broker Pre-Licensing: $245; Broker Cram Course: $65; Broker Continuing Education: $20 to $199; Appraiser Pre-Licensing: $999.95 to $1,399; Appraiser Continuing Education: $224.99 to $349
- Contact Email: email@example.com; Phone: 1-800-289-1214
- Official Website www.GeorgiaRealEstateSchool.com
Georgia MLS Training Institute offers a range of real estate education courses that help Georgia real estate professionals at each stage of their careers. Pre-licensing training is offered for agents and brokers, yet you can also utilize the school for post-licensing training and continuing education.
Students have the option to attend online courses live, yet Georgia MLS Training Institute does not require you to do so. In fact, the school's policies state that they do not require a set class schedule. This means you can complete online courses in a self-paced manner as your schedule allows.
Georgia MLS Training Institute did not make our ranking of top online real estate schools. You can find out which schools did in our guide to the best online real estate schools.
- Transparent pricing: You do not have to create an account or call the school to find out about pricing. Georgia MLS Training Institute posts course pricing where it can be easily found online.
- Approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission to teach real estate education in the state: The courses you take will help you meet state requirements for real estate agent or broker licensing.
- Courses taught by real estate professionals with years or even decades of experience: Many of the school's instructors have decades of experience as real estate agents or brokers in the state.
- Pre-licensing, post-licensing, continuing education, and cram sessions offered: You can turn to Georgia MLS Training Institute for the continuing education and training you need throughout your real estate career.
- No option for in-person training right now: If you're on the hunt for a real estate school that lets you learn in person, you should know that Georgia MLS Training Institute is fully online at the moment.
- Courses are specific to becoming a real estate agent in Georgia only: Where some real estate schools offer pre-licensing, post-licensing, and continuing education in many different states, this school is for Georgia real estate professionals only.
- Limited refund policy: Post-licensing course fees and continuing education course fees are not refundable. You can get a refund for pre-licensing courses, but only if you request one within seven days of the date of purchase.
- Access courses for 180 days: You lose access to your courses after 180 days from the date of purchase, although you may have the option to purchase an extension.
If you pay for online courses and Georgia MLS Training Institute begins offering in-person training, you cannot change your course format. According to the school, money paid for an online course cannot be transferred to an in-person course.
Georgia MLS Training Institute offers courses that can be utilized by Georgia real estate professionals throughout their careers. The following courses are currently available through the school or its partners.
This course helps students meet the 75-hour pre-licensing education requirement in the state of Georgia. Coursework is divided up into two separate sections: Real Estate Fundamentals and Georgia Real Estate Practice. While this course is typically offered in person or online, you can only complete it online right now.
Georgia real estate agents can also turn to Georgia MLS Training Institute for post-licensing training. Currently, there are two different sessions being offered in a fully online format: Jump Start Post-License Course and Real Estate Basics v.2.
Real estate agents can also sign up for real estate broker pre-licensing training through the Georgia MLS Training Institute. This course is offered online only, and it is good for 60 credit hours. By the time you complete this course, you should be prepared to take the Georgia real estate broker licensing exam.
Georgia MLS Training Institute also offers cram sessions for real estate agent and broker licensing exams. These cram sessions provide an overview of potential topics covered in the exams, and pricing varies.
Georgia real estate professionals can also sign up for an array of continuing education courses that can help them meet ongoing licensing requirements. You can choose from many different topics of study, and all continuing education courses are offered online throughout the year.
Continuing education courses cover real estate topics such as real estate appraisals, real estate law, prospecting and marketing, real estate contracts, and more.
Real Estate Appraiser
Georgia MLS Training Institute also offers real estate appraiser pre-licensing training and continuing education courses through a partnership with McKissock Learning. These courses are offered in an online format.
Georgia MLS Training Institute typically offers some of their training sessions in person at their three locations in Georgia. These locations can be found in Tucker, Morrow, and Duluth.
However, the school is offering all of its courses online right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While you can sign up for live online classes that take place on dates with times that vary throughout the year, you have the option to complete the online coursework in a self-paced manner.
Georgia MLS Training Institute is very upfront about who their instructors are as well as their credentials. The school even lists the biographies of their trainers on their website, which can help you gain confidence in all you could learn.
All school trainers have experience in the field of real estate in Georgia, and many instructors have decades of experience as an agent or broker. Many of the school's trainers also have more than a decade of experience teaching other real estate professionals.
Georgia MLS Training Institute has numerous (mostly positive) reviews from past students, many of which can be found online. For example, the school has an average star rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Indeed.com. Georgia MLS Training Institute does have an average star rating of just 2.5 out of 5 stars on Yelp, where a few past students complained about insufficient training and preparedness for the state exam.
Georgia MLS Training Institute is approved to teach real estate by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and the Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board.
The cost of attending real estate training at the Georgia MLS Training Institute varies depending on the course you select. However, its real estate courses tend to be on the pricey side when you compare to other online real estate schools. This is especially true when it comes to the salesperson pre-licensing training.
Courses at Georgia MLS Training Institute are priced as follows:
- Salesperson Pre-Licensing: $225
- Salesperson Post-Licensing: $145
- Salesperson Cram Course: $65
- Salesperson Continuing Education: $20 to $145
- Broker Pre-Licensing: $245
- Broker Cram Course: $65
- Broker Continuing Education: $20 to $145
- Appraiser Pre-Licensing: $999.95 to $1,399
- Appraiser Continuing Education: $224.99 to $349
If you need help with any aspect of your real estate training, you can reach out to Georgia MLS Training Institute from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday at 1-800-289-1214. You can also email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition: Georgia MLS Training Institute vs. Real Estate Express
If you're looking for a real estate school that offers training in Georgia, it never hurts to check out the top online real estate schools that offer real estate education nationwide. Real Estate Express is one of the top schools to consider since they offer similar training in an online format.
The table below shows how Georgia MLS Training Institute compares to Real Estate Express:
|Georgia MLS Training Institute||Real Estate Express|
|Price||Salesperson Pre-Licensing: $225 Salesperson Post-Licensing: $145 Salesperson Cram Course: $65 Salesperson Continuing Education: $20 to $145
Broker Pre-Licensing: $225 Broker Cram Course: $65 Broker Continuing Education: $20 to $145 Appraiser Pre-Licensing: $999.95 to $1,399 Appraiser Continuing Education: $224.99 to $349
|Salesperson Pre-Licensing: $269 to $419 ($174.85 to $272.35 with coupon code CAREER30) Broker Pre-Licensing: $269 ($174.85 with coupon code CAREER30) Salesperson Post-Licensing: $99|
|Courses Offered||Pre-licensing and post-licensing for real estate agents and brokers, continuing education, cram sessions, and real estate appraiser courses||Sales associate and broker pre-licensing courses, post-licensing courses|
|Course Format||Live webinar courses and online courses||Live stream Self-paced courses in some states|
|Availability||Georgia||Available in all 50 states|
As you compare these two schools, you'll probably notice right off the bat that Real Estate Express is considerably less expensive. This is especially true when it comes to salesperson pre-licensing courses, which start at just $174.85 for a basic course with a coupon code. However, you may want to pay more for their Exam Preparation Plus course, which costs $272.35 with a coupon code. This level of training includes live access to online instructors, as well as the option to ask questions and get answers to your study questions throughout the process.
If you need to complete your real estate training for as little out-of-pocket as you possibly can, this price difference cannot be ignored. This is especially true since, at the moment, both schools are offering all of their training online.
Also note that Real Estate Express tends to have positive reviews. On Indeed.com, for example, the school boasts an average star rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars across more than 200 user reviews. Considering all of this, we believe Real Estate Express may be a better value for the money spent.
With that being said, Georgia MLS Training Institute offers a wider selection of courses, including continuing education courses. As a result, you may want to consider this school for the additional training required to maintain your real estate license.
Georgia MLS Training Institute offers a wide range of courses for Georgia real estate professionals at various stages of their careers. Due to the breadth of courses offered, this school is a good option if you're seeking one school that can help you prepare for agent and broker pre-licensing as well as post-licensing and continuing education training.
Just keep in mind that, at the moment, all of their courses are being offered in an online format. If you're seeking a way to learn about real estate in a physical classroom, you'll have to consider other schools.
We researched and analyzed numerous facets of each real estate school with a quantitative approach in mind. Some of the elements considered include costs of the classes, course formats, accreditation, and former student reviews. We also look at the overall reputation of the provider, geographic areas where the courses are available, and instructor qualifications. Additionally, we assess how easy it is to navigate the website and whether it includes additional student resources such as blogs, webinars, and career tips.