• Nationally-recognized expert in insurance and other personal finance topics
• Leading voice on life insurance, personal finance, debt, and credit card rewards
• 2015 Plutus Award for “Best Contributor/Freelancer for Personal Finance”
• Co-author of book Zero Down Your Debt, released in January 2017 (Mango Publishing)
• Co-owner of popular personal finance website, ClubThrifty.com
Holly D. Johnson is an award-winning insurance writer who covers life insurance, and other personal finance topics. In addition to her articles on Investopedia, which have covered topics ranging from reviews of individual life insurance companies to various types of policies and riders, her work has also been featured by Business Insider, Bankrate, Forbes, Kiplinger Personal Finance, Policy Genius, and Fox Business. Her 10+ years of writing have focused on helping families make important financial decisions at each stage of their lives. This philosophy stems from her 20 years of experience in the funeral home industry, where she saw many families left without life insurance.
Holly's areas of expertise are in personal finance to include life insurance, specialty business insurance, debt relief, and credit cards. She is the founder of Club Thrifty and co-author of "Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life You’ll Love."
Holly Johnson attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
- I Bought $1 Million of Term Life Insurance: Business Insider
- Consequences of Not Having Life Insurance: GoodFinancialCents.com
- How to Use a 0% APR Credit Card as an Interest-Free Loan: Forbes