University of Missouri-Columbia
Individual investing, financial products, such as mortgages, loans, credit cards, and cryptocurrency, retirement, tax planning, sustainable investing
- Jane Meacham brings nearly 40 years of experience as a professional editor
- Worked for 18 years as a print and online financial editor and newsroom manager for Dow Jones & Co. in the U.S. and Asia
- Served for two years as a sustainable investment analyst with RiskMetrics Group, now part of MSCI
- Has edited thousands of articles on personal finance, sustainable investment, retirement, and other financial services topics
- Freelance clients include major brokerage firms, wealth management firms, public relations firms, investment research firms, and international development organizations.
Jane Meacham is a freelance editor with Investopedia. She brings nearly 40 years of experience editing and decades of writing about personal finance and other financial services topics. She formerly worked for 18 years as an editor for print and electronic news publications at Dow Jones & Co. in the United States and Asia.
As her next stop, Jane became a analyst for RiskMetrics Group (now part of MSCI Inc.), specializing in sustainable investment research. She's certified in Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards used for corporate sustainability reports.
In the last decade, Jane has worked with a variety of editorial clients, including MSCI; BlackRock; the World Bank and International Finance Corp.; LendingTree; PR firm Finn Partners; Altfest Personal Wealth Management; sustainability consultants ISOS Group and the Sustainable Investments Institute; and global development and education organization IREX. She focuses on financial and sustainable-business advisory publications, white papers, newsletters, executive ghostwriting, B2B marketing materials, and related content.
Bachelor of Journalism degree, University of Missouri School of Journalism
Quote from Jane Meacham
“Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time.” — Writer Margaret Bonanno