Principal of the Boyar Value Group
New York, New York
- Member of Investopedia's Financial Review Board
- Specializes in trying to uncover intrinsically undervalued U.S based companies
- Looks for investments outside of the mainstream regardless of industry or market capitalization
Jonathan is currently President of Boyar’s Intrinsic Value Research LLC., an independent research boutique established in 1975 that counts some of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and family offices as subscribers. He is also a Principal of Boyar Asset Management, which has been managing money utilizing a value oriented strategy since 1983.
Jonathan has been interviewed by Barron’s, Welling on Wall Street and GuruFocus. He spoke at the 2017 London Value Investor Conference, the 2017 GuruFocus Value Conference and the 2017 International Value Investing Conference. He is also a contributor to the latest edition of Harriman’s Book of Investing Rules: The Dos & Don’ts of the World’s Best Investors. He is a senior contributor to Forbes as well as the host of The World According to Boyar podcast.
- Cornell University with a B.S. in Applied Economics and Business Management
- Cardozo School of Law J.D.