For more than 10 years, Katrina Ávila Munichiello has worked professionally as a freelance writer and editor. She helped bring a small regional quarterly magazine to a monthly publication with national distribution and was also a copy editor for a large national craft magazine.
After several years working in the tea industry, Katrina took a position as a fact checker with America's Test Kitchen. In addition, she works on proofreading, copy editing, and writing contracts with other publishers and companies.
In 2011, she published her first book, "A Tea Reader: Living Life One Cup at a Time" (Tuttle). Before working as a writer, she earned my MPH and worked in non-profit administration.
- Fact checker for America's Test Kitchen
- Served as editor for two national print magazines
- Wrote articles for the Boston Globe, Yankee Magazine, and a wide range of other publications
- Author of "A Tea Reader: Living Life One Cup at a Time" (Tuttle)
- Volunteer Girl Scout Leader and Service Unit Coordinator
Katrina received a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Tufts University and a Master of Public Health degree from Boston University.