We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Offering multiple credit repair options and accessible customer service, Lexington Law could be a good choice if you’re looking for customized solutions and easy-to-reach customer support. However, this credit repair service has several complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Free credit repair consultation available
Offers multiple discounts
Identity theft insurance available
Limited monthly disputes
No money-back guarantee
- Lexington Law offers three tiers of services for those requiring fair, moderate, or intensive credit repair.
- Services include credit disputes, credit monitoring, identity theft insurance, debt management, and more.
- The company offers a generous cancellation policy and no cancellation fees.
- Customer service is readily available, and you can track your progress on the go with the Lexington Law Android and iOS mobile apps.
Founded in 2004, Lexington Law has grown to become one of the most established and well-known credit repair companies in the U.S. It offers tiered credit repair solutions with multiple services, including debt management, credit disputes, report monitoring, and more.
Customers in 48 states, excluding Oregon and North Carolina, can access Lexington Law’s credit repair services. It’s also not available in Washington, D.C. The company claims it has successfully disputed over 77 million items on its customer's credit reports.
- Year Founded 2004
- Credit Repair Services Offered Credit monitoring, credit disputes, identity theft protection, debt management
- Fee Schedule Monthly
- Monitoring Options Credit, identity theft
- Customer Service Phone: (833) 793-3000. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ticket. Live. chat
- Official Website https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/
If your credit has been negatively impacted by a major life event like divorce or identity theft, or a financial burden like student loan or medical debt repayment, Lexington Law may offer a credit repair solution for you.
This company provides three tiered plans, each with different services designed to help improve your credit. Features like credit disputes, identity theft insurance, and debt management come standard with each plan. Its Premier Plus plan offers additional features like free access to your TransUnion FICO score and a budgeting tool to help you better manage your finances.
Comparing credit repair services is a good first step to improving your credit and overall financial situation. Our list of best credit repair companies can help you narrow down your choices.
- Free credit repair consultation available: Lexington Law offers a free credit repair consultation, which allows you to speak with a representative and get advice on the best credit repair service package for you.
- Offers multiple discounts: New customers can take advantage of a 50% discount on first work fees, plus friends, family, and military discounts.
- Identity theft insurance available: Identity theft insurance is included with each credit repair plan. Many competitors charge extra for this coverage or don’t offer it at all.
- Limited monthly disputes: With Lexington Law, you’ll get 19 disputes per cycle of 45–60 days. Other credit repair companies offer an unlimited number of monthly disputes.
- No money-back guarantee: Many credit repair services offer a money-back guarantee for a specific timeframe, such as 90 days. Lexington Law does not offer this type of guarantee.
Types of Services
Like many other credit repair companies, Lexington Law offers tiered plans based on the level of credit repair you need. Those who need minor assistance may benefit from its Concord Standard plan, while those needing more extensive help might choose its Concord Premier or Premier Plus plans.
Once you’ve signed up for a plan, Lexington Law begins working on your credit as early as day one. While you won’t see results on day one, you’ll get the peace of mind of knowing the work has begun.
Here’s a look at the services offered with each plan followed by details about each service:
|Premier Plus||Concord Premier||Concord Standard|
|Identity theft insurance||✓||✓||✓|
|Debt management service||✓||✓||✓|
|TransUnion report/FICO score||✓|
|Lost wallet protection||✓|
|Personal finance manager||✓|
|Junk mail reduction||✓|
Lexington Law can issue up to 19 credit dispute letters on your behalf per cycle of 45 to 60 days to Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. If it identifies incorrect or outdated information on your credit reports, it can send a dispute letter to each credit bureau to help correct the issue.
As a Lexington Law customer, you’ll get creditor assistance or creditor intervention. With this service, the company will correspond with your creditors to help with certain credit issues, such as late payments or debt validation.
For instance, Lexington Law might send a goodwill letter asking a particular lender to stop reporting late payments if you’ve encountered a recent financial hardship. Or it could send a debt validation letter, which is typically issued to help verify a debt that a borrower believes is invalid. Depending on the plan you choose, it may also send cease and desist letters to request that creditors stop contacting you about a debt.
Lexington Law’s Inquiry Help service lets you get assistance with inaccurate or outdated hard inquiries on your credit reports. The company will dispute questionable hard inquiries on your behalf.
Identity Theft Insurance
According to research from financial consulting firm Javelin Research, around 15 million Americans had their identities stolen in 2021. Unfortunately, identity theft is fairly common, and it can be devastating for your credit.
Lexington Law offers identity theft insurance as an added measure of protection, which includes up to $25,000 worth of coverage, 24/7 monitoring, and real-time alerts.
Debt Management Service
If you’re burdened by a large amount of credit card, student loan, or medical debt, Lexington Law’s debt management service could help you develop a repayment plan that works with your budget.
When information on your credit report changes, Lexington Law will promptly notify you of the new information. Its credit alerts could help prevent significant damage to your report or identify potential identity theft early on.
TransUnion Report and FICO Score
With Lexington Law’s Premier Plus plan, you get access to your TransUnion credit report and FICO Score. Viewing how your score has changed over time (and why) can be a helpful way to track your progress toward better credit.
Lost Wallet Protection
Generally, if you lose your wallet, you need to cancel your credit cards, contact your bank, set up a fraud alert on your credit reports, replace your driver’s license, and more. Lexington Law offers lost wallet protection to help take some of the headaches out of losing your wallet or having it stolen.
Personal Finance Manager
If you’d like to get better at managing your money over the long term, Lexington Law’s Personal Finance Manager may be able to help.
Junk Mail Reduction
Unwanted junk mail could put you at risk for identity theft if your personal information is included in the letter and you haven’t shredded it before putting it into the recycling or trash bin. Lexington Law’s Premier Plus plan offers a junk mail reduction feature that helps minimize the amount of unsolicited mail you receive.
While it may seem unlikely that identity thieves are rifling through your discarded junk mail, it’s possible. Shredding your mail is a simple step to help protect your personal information.
In addition to its variety of services, Lexington Law offers several features designed to help protect your credit and make the process of repairing your credit less overwhelming:
- Free credit repair consultation: If you’re interested in using Lexington Law to repair your credit, the company offers a free consultation that can help you determine which plan is the best fit for your needs.
- Mobile apps: For those interested in tracking progress via mobile, Lexington Law offers apps for Android and iOS. These apps let you view your credit score, get updates on your reports, and more.
- Discounts: Lexington Law offers a 50% discount on its first work fee to qualifying service members, friends, or family members.
If you’d like to reach Lexington Law’s customer service department, you can do so from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. MST Monday to Friday. It does not offer customer support on Saturday or Sunday. While you can’t get assistance on the weekends, you can contact customer service through multiple channels, including email, phone, live chat, or by submitting an email ticket.
- Sign up for service: (833) 333-8277
- Client support: (833) 793-3000
The ability to connect with a person over live chat is a relatively unique feature among credit repair companies; not many offer a live chat option.
While Lexington Law offers comprehensive credit repair services and several options for contacting customer service, it does have quite a few complaints with the CFPB. Several customers complain about unclear and expensive fees, as well as issues getting certain items removed from their credit reports.
On Trustpilot, Lexington Law receives an average of 3.9 (“Great”) out of five stars across 495 reviews. Seventy-nine percent of reviewers rated it as excellent. Several satisfied customers mention that Lexington Law helped improve their credit, while dissatisfied customers report that their credit score didn’t change after paying for services.
Unlike some credit repair companies which may charge a cancellation fee or require that you sign up for a contract, Lexington Law has a customer-friendly cancellation policy. You won’t incur a cancellation fee if you decide it’s not the right service for you, and you can choose to cancel your plan at any time. To cancel your plan, you’ll need to speak with customer support over the phone.
If you’re comparing credit repair services, be aware that Lexington Law is not the cheapest option available. Its Concord Standard plan costs $99.95/month, its Concord Premier plan costs $119.95/month, and its top-tier Premier Plus plan is $139.95 monthly.
In addition to monthly plan fees, customers will also incur a separate first-work fee, which will vary depending on the plan you choose. Lexington Law’s website lists first-work fees of $89.95 for the least expensive plan to $129.95 for the most expensive. But a customer support representative told us the least expensive plan has a first-work fee of $24.95.
Lexington Law offers a 50% discount on the first-work fee for eligible military members, friends, and family.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There are many considerations when comparing credit repair companies. You’ll likely want to look at the following:
- Cost: You want a company that offers the services you need at a price you can afford. As you’re comparing options, consider the fees you’ll need to pay for credit repair assistance, like first-work and monthly fees.
- Features offered: Some consumers may prefer a service that offers built-in identity theft insurance, while others might simply be seeking assistance with dispute letters. Consider the features each company offers as you shop around.
- Customer service: If accessible customer service is important to you, be sure to look at your options for reaching a representative before you choose a credit repair service (phone, email, live chat, etc.).
- Discounts: Certain companies offer special discounts. For instance, with Lexington Law, eligible customers can get 50% off their first work fee. Research available discounts to see how much you can save.
- Cancellation policy: A flexible cancellation policy can be useful in case you decide a service isn’t right for you. Look into whether companies allow you to cancel any time, if a cancellation fee applies, and whether or not there’s a money-back guarantee.
While Lexington Law isn’t the least expensive option available, it does offer an array of services that could help justify its higher monthly cost. Those seeking a less expensive option and fewer services may want to consider an alternative.
|Lexington Law||Sky Blue||The Credit People|
|Services Offered||Credit monitoring
Hard inquiry disputes
Identity theft insurance
Hard inquiry disputes
Hard inquiry disputes
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||13||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors||Collections, Late payments, Charge offs, Liens, Bankruptcies, Repossessions||Debt validation, Goodwill, Cease & desist||Not disclosed|
|First Work Fee||$89.95 ($24.99 per customer support)||$79.00||$19.00|
|Minimum Monthly Fee||$99.95 ($24.99 per customer support)||$79.00||$79.00|
|Customer Service Platforms||Phone, email, live chat, ticket||Phone, email, ticket||Phone, email, live chat, ticket|
Lexington Law is an established credit repair company that offers holistic credit repair services, including dispute letters, creditor assistance, debt management services, identity theft insurance, and more. Overall, it’s a good choice if you’re looking for several services and features to help you improve your credit.
However, it does have several complaints with the CFPB, and some users report issues with fees and no improvements to their credit. Comparing multiple credit repair companies can help you determine if Lexington Law is the best option for you.
Want to explore your options? See the top companies in the industry with our picks for the best credit repair companies.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company star ratings and best picks.