Mbition is an online real estate and professional development academy that is geared to helping individuals begin a career in this industry. The school's main focus is providing real estate pre-licensing courses for agents or brokers, but they also offer continuing education, exam preparation courses, and professional development courses.
While Mbition does offer courses online that can be taken nationwide, the real estate school is not able to offer the same training options in all 50 states. In fact, Mbition only offers professional development or exam preparation courses in some states, including Alaska and Wyoming.
Mbition also offers home inspection courses and training, which is available on a nationwide basis.
If you're considering a career in real estate and wondering if you should learn online, it's easy to see why Mbition is on your radar. Read on to learn how this school works, how it delivers its courses online, and how this school stacks up to competition.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Courses are certified by ARELLO and IDECC
Affordable, transparent pricing
Courses are delivered online and in a self-paced format
Training is designed to meet state licensing requirements
Course options are inconsistent across various states
Pre-licensing training for agents is only available in 19 states
No option for live webinar training
Courses are only available for six months after purchase
- Mbition offers real estate training, pre-licensing courses, continuing education, exam preparation and professional development courses in all 50 states.
- Course options vary by state, and pre-licensing courses for agents and brokers are not available nationwide.
- Real estate pre-licensing course options vary, but training does come with access to instructors.
- Real estate courses offered through Mbition are delivered in a self-paced online format without any option for live training.
- Real estate pre-licensing courses in some states (like New York) come with exam preparation webinars.
- Mbition courses are certified by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO) and the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC). Both of these organizations ensure the quality of online real estate education.
Mbition was originally founded in 1992 with the goal of providing real estate education and training for real estate agents, brokers, appraisers, and home inspectors. While courses are offered in all 50 states, the school only offers pre-licensing training for new real estate agents in 19 states.
Other courses available through Mbition include continuing education and exam preparation, as well as professional development. Course options and prices vary widely depending on the state they're offered in, and the same is true when it comes to the course options and their specific inclusions.
Generally speaking, all training offered through Mbition is delivered in a self-paced online format. While this is positive for students who need the flexibility to learn on their own schedule, it's not necessarily good for individuals who prefer live instruction via webinars or Zoom videos.
- Year Founded 1992
- Kinds of Courses Real estate agent pre-licensing training, real estate broker pre-licensing training, exam preparation, continuing education, and professional development
- Number of States Where Courses Are Offered 50
- Price Varies by state
- Contact Email contact page; phone: 800-532-7649
- Official Website www.MbitiontoLearn.com
Mbition is a real estate instruction school that offers various training in all 50 states across the U.S. However, the school only offers pre-licensing real estate courses for agents in 19 different states.
Other courses available through the school include pre-licensing training for brokers, continuing education, exam preparation, and professional development. However, course options and pricing varies based on where you live.
While some courses offered through Mbition include webinars and virtual training options, most selections offered through the school come in a self-paced format. This makes Mbition a good option for individuals who prefer to learn about real estate and prepare for their licensing exam on their own time.
- Courses are certified by ARELLO and IDECC: These two organizations ensure the quality of online education, so their support of this school should be reassuring for students.
- Affordable, transparent pricing: Mbition makes it easy to understand how much its courses cost. It also offers coupon codes that can change over time, so make sure to check.
- Courses are delivered online and in a self-paced format: Courses offered through this school are self-paced, meaning you can learn on the dates and times that work best with your schedule.
- Training is designed to meet state licensing requirements: Pre-licensing courses offered through Mbition are designed to help you meet licensing requirements that vary based on where you live.
- Course options are inconsistent across various states: Mbition offers pre-licensing training in some states, but only exam preparation and professional development courses in others.
- Pre-licensing training for agents is only available in 19 states: This school only offers applicable training to begin a career as a real estate agent in 19 states.
- No option for live webinar training: While some course descriptions list that you can ask questions of instructors, they don't teach with a live webinar format that allows for interaction.
- Courses are only available for six months after purchase: After six months are up, you'll have to purchase a 60-day extension at a cost of $50 to finish your training.
Mbition students only have seven days to request a full refund for their courses in writing. After that, and provided the training has not been used yet, students are eligible for a refund minus a 15% cancellation fee.
The following course options from Mbition may be available based on the state you want to become licensed in.
Real Estate Salesperson Pre-Licensing
Mbition offers salesperson pre-licensing courses in 19 different states. Although curriculum can vary by state, students are able to utilize their courses to meet state licensing requirements and pass their state licensing exam. Courses are offered in a self-paced format, meaning you can plan your real estate education around family and work obligations.
Real estate professionals can also utilize courses through Mbition to meet their continuing education requirements. Continuing education course options and prices vary by state, but all courses are offered in an online, self-paced format.
Mbition offers exam preparation courses in all 50 states. This training includes online education materials, practice quizzes, and exam prep toolkits. In some states, you can purchase an exam preparation option that includes pre-recorded webinars.
If you want to work in home inspection or take home inspection courses as part of your real estate career, you can utilize Mbition's online training portal for this purpose. This school offers pre-licensing training, continuing education, exam preparation, and certifications for this line of work.
One interesting detail to note about Mbition is the fact that courses are not offered live. This can be a bonus for students who need to plan their real estate training about work or family obligations, but it can be a major downside for students who need to learn in an interactive environment.
Mbition is not very clear about who their real estate instructors are and the credentials they have. However, it does note that some pre-licensing courses come with instructor interaction via email, as well as the chance to ask questions and get answers.
While courses offered through Mbition are certified by ARELLO and IDECC, the school doesn't have a ton of positive reviews online. In fact, there are many negative reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, most of which complain about having inadequate time to finish the courses or poor customer service.
Pricing for courses through Mbition can vary widely by state, but tuition is affordable in general. In fact, you'll find that training through Mbition can be considerably less than you'll pay at other online real estate schools.
To help you get an idea of how much you'll pay for training, consider the prices for courses in three states below. Note that courses in some states may have coupon codes when others do not.
|Real Estate Salesperson Pre-Licensing||Exam Preparation|
|Florida||$129 to $199, or $109.65 to $169.15 with coupon code||$55 to $129|
|Georgia||$239 to $349, or $203.15 to $296.65 with coupon code||$79 to $149|
|New York||$229.99 to $344||$59 to $129|
Mbition offers a customer service number and standard customer service hours. You can call them at 800-532-7649 Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. To 7 p.m. CST, Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST. You can also contact the school via email using their email contact page.
Separately, most of the courses offered through Mbition come with unlimited customer service and technical support during business hours.
Competition: Mbition vs. Real Estate Express
Before you choose an online real estate school, you should take the time to compare top options based on availability, pricing, method of delivery, and other factors. To help you in that effort, we compared Mbition with another top real estate school—Real Estate Express.
|Mbition||Real Estate Express|
|Price||Varies by state||Varies by state|
|Courses Offered||Real estate agent pre-licensing training, real estate broker pre-licensing training, exam preparation, continuing education, and professional development||Sales associate and broker licensing courses, post-licensing courses|
|Course Format||Self-paced online||Live stream
Self-paced courses in some states
|Availability||Available in all 50 states; real estate agent pre-licensing only in 19 states||Available in all 50 states|
Pricing for basic courses with Mbition and Real Estate Express is fairly similar. For example, pre-licensing training for agents in the state of Florida costs $129 to $199 through Mbition without a coupon code, whereas courses cost between $132 and $439 through Real Estate Express without a discount code applied.
While the most robust packages tend to cost more with Real Estate Express, there are quite a few areas where this school still pulls ahead.
For example, Real Estate Express offers pre-licensing training for future real estate agents in all 50 states, whereas Mbition only offers this training in 19 states. Not only that, but Real Estate Express offers options that include live webinars where you get interaction with instructors and other students. Many of their courses also offer live Q&A sessions with instructors, which makes it easy to get your important questions answered as you study for your test.
Lastly, Real Estate Express has mostly positive user reviews. For all of these reasons, we believe Real Estate Express courses are a better value.
If you're in the market for bare-bones real estate education that can help you meet requirements to take your state licensing exam, Mbition could be your best bet. With the school's self-paced online courses, you can pursue your training over the course of six months on your own schedule and time.
Even so, it never hurts to compare real estate schools and offerings to find the right fit.
We researched and analyzed numerous facets of each real estate school with a qualitative approach in mind. Some of the elements considered include costs of the classes, course formats, accreditation, and former student reviews. We also looked at the overall reputation of the provider, geographic areas where the courses are available, and instructor qualifications. Additionally, we assessed how easy it is to navigate the website and whether it includes additional student resources such as blogs, webinars, and career tips.
Better Business Bureau. "Mbition Learn Real Estate." Accessed September 16, 2021.