- Member of Investopedia's Financial Review Board
- Previously licensed financial professional in the securities industry since 2011.
- Masters of Finance degree with an analytics concentration from Colorado State University Global Campus
- Chartered Leadership Fellow from the American College of Financial Services in 2019.
Michael is now a project manager in Finance & Accounting Operations for an energy firm based in Florida. Previously working for ten years in the securities, banking, and corporate finance industries. He earned is M.S. in Finance & Business Intelligence from Colorado State University's global campus in March of 2020. In January 2019, Michael became a Chartered Leadership Fellow with the American College of Financial Services. Michael made the transition from the securities industry in 2020 following his graduation from school.
Michael was an Associate Director of Compliance for Northwestern Mutual from 2017 to 2019. Responsibilities included client suitability review of annuities, transaction review, auditing of books and records, coaching and development, and understanding a changing complex regulatory environment.
Michael was an Derivatives Specialist for Charles Schwab from 2015 to 2016. Duties included trading futures, future's options, equity options, equities, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and treasuries. Apart from trading, Michael also assisted clientele with the risk management of these product and their associated features such as Portfolio Margin.
Michael was an FX Operations Analyst at Bank of America from 2013 to 2014. Duties included settling and confirming FX transaction between the bank and its counterparties. Project management work including assisting with the migration of the bank's settlement system due to changing Dodd-Frank regulations. He also assisted the sales team with solutions for high priority clientele.
Michael was a Premium Service Representative at Fidelity Investments from 2011 to 2012. Michael worked with high net worth clients on basic trading and customer service inquiries.
Michael previously held FINRA Series 7, 63, 9, 10, 66, and 3 licenses while working in the securities industry, all set to expire in Oct 2021.
- Masters of Science in Finance, Business Intelligence concentration—CSU Global Campus 2010
- Chartered Leadership Fellow—American College of Financial Services 2019
- Bachelors of Science in Applied Economics—Florida State University 2010
Quote from Michael J Boyle
"Your unique idea has been thought of by many before you. What makes the difference is execution."