- 10+ years of experience writing about finance for millennials, investing basics, and managing the finances of a young family.
- Worked in journalism as everything from a reporter at a daily newspaper to the national managing editor of a major lifestyle publication to the managing editor at several digital media sites.
- 2019 Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association Best of Journalism judge.
- Experian #CreditChat panelist.
- Has appeared on Cheddar Life and NPR’s On Point Radio with Meghna Chakrabarti.
Rachel Morgan Cautero has worked as an energy reporter at a daily newspaper in the height of the fracking craze, a managing editor at several luxury lifestyle publications, and even as a reporter and several major publications in New York City. (She even once interviewed Melania Trump, but that's another story.)
Currently, her work is focused on helping readers manage personal finances, a career path that began while serving as the managing editor at DailyWorth, a finance-focused media destination for women, now HerMoney. In 2018, while also birthing a baby, she decided to start her own freelance business. She soon took on clients ranging from content marketing sites to writing for finance sites such as The Balance, Learnvest, and SmartAsset. Her work has appeared in The Atlantic, Forbes, Nerdwallet, The Balance, Yahoo Finance, SmartAsset, HerMoney, and DailyWorth.
Rachel has a bachelor’s degree from Wittenberg University and a master’s of arts in journalism from New York University.