- Member of Investopedia's Financial Review Board
- Expert in developing new energy technologies and securing corporate/private equity capital to finance their development
Robert Kelly is Managing Director of XTS Energy LLC, Chairman and Founder of CountryWatch.com, Inc, and an Adjunct Instructor in Energy Economics at the University of Houston and Rice University.
He has been an energy industry executive for over 30 years and a leader in the development of wind and solar energy technologies as well as the lead developer on numerous natural gas projects—most recently serving as Chairman of Mexico Pacific Limited, LLC a large scale LNG on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
He was a founding member of DKRW Energy LLC where he co-led the development of over 900 megawatts of wind energy and while a senior executive at Enron in the late 1990s founded the wind company that became GE Wind Energy and in a joint venture with Amoco formed a solar company that became an integral part of BP Solar.
- BS in Nuclear Engineering from US Military Academy (West Point)
- MPA from the JFK School at Harvard
- PhD in Economics from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Harvard University
Quote from Robert C. Kelly
"The world needs continued innovation in energy technology to meet the challenge of climate change while supporting a growing population—future technologies that enable growth while reducing the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere will emerge to meet this challenge."