US Military Academy (West Point) & Harvard University
Economics, General Business, Investing
- Member of Investopedia's Financial Review Board
- More than three decades of experience as a corporate executive
- Raised more than $4.5 billion in capital from investors and commercial banks
- Has a doctorate in economics from Harvard University
- Executive Professor at the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University
Robert Kelly is managing director of XTS Energy LLC, has been an energy industry executive for over 30 years and a leader in the development of wind and solar energy technologies as well as the lead developer on numerous natural gas projects—most recently serving as chair of Mexico Pacific Limited, LLC a large scale LNG on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
He was a founding member of DKRW Energy LLC where he co-led the development of over 900 megawatts of wind energy and, while a senior executive at a major energy company in the late 1990s, founded the wind company that became GE Wind Energy. In a joint venture with Amoco, he formed a solar company that became an integral part of BP Solar.
Robert's investment experience includes being the commercial lead or co-lead on raising more than $4.5 billion in capital from private equity investors, strategic investors, and commercial banks for energy projects he developed or co-developed.
- Bachelor's in nuclear engineering from the U.S. Military Academy West Point
- MPA from the Harvard Kennedy School
- Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University
Quote from Robert C. Kelly
"The world needs continued innovation in energy technology to meet the challenge of climate change while supporting a growing population—future technologies that enable growth while reducing the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere will emerge to meet this challenge."