San Francisco State University, California State University, Fresno
Personal finance, credit and banking, Business credit, Mortgages, Automotive lending, Personal loans
Sarah has been a Personal Finance Writer since 2016. Her work has been syndicated by MSN News and Yahoo! News, and she writes for Experian, Student Loan Hero, LendingTree, Credit Karma and more.
In addition to her writing, Sarah promotes financial wellness and literacy through workshops, webinars and consulting.
Sarah has been a financial educator since 2016. Her background includes the following roles:
- Certified Housing Counselor (HUD, Keep Your Home California)
- Certified Credit Counselor and Consumer Interviewer (NFCC)
- Mortgage, small business, and fintech loan underwriter
- Counselor and workshop facilitator for SF Mayor's Office of Housing’s Below Market Rate (BMR) housing programs
- Consultant at Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, SF LBGT Center, Homeownership SF and Women’s Initiative for Self Employment
Sarah offers credit coaching services and presents workshops on personal and small business finance. Past speaking engagements have included Capital 1, Bank of America, LeapFrog and SF Public Library.
Sarah received her B.S. in Sociology and a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the University of California, Fresno. She obtained her M.A. in International Relations from San Francisco State University.