We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Sky Blue Credit’s offers are clear and provide a simple breakdown of its services. The 90-day guarantee and straightforward cancellation policy can help give some reprieve to customers who aren’t convinced about credit repair services. Unfortunately, it doesn’t offer certain useful services, such as credit monitoring, that other companies do provide.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Offers 90-day money-back guarantee
Simple to cancel or pause membership
Offers customizable services
No credit monitoring service
Few dispute letter types available
No mobile app
- Sky Blue Credit offers services such as credit education and mortgage preparation.
- Customers can cancel their membership at any time with no penalty charges.
- The company offers discounted pricing for couples.
Founded in 1989, Sky Blue Credit’s headquarters is in Boca Raton, Florida, but it offers its online services in all states. While most competitors don’t tend to offer straightforward refund policies, this credit repair company offers a clear 90-day money-back guarantee with no conditions.
- Year Founded 1989
- Services Offered Debt management, credit repair, credit disputes
- First Work Fee $79 ($119 for couples)
- Monthly Fee $79 ($119 for couples)
- Monitoring Options None
- Customer Service Phone, contact form
- Official Website www.skybluecredit.com
Sky Blue Credit Repair offers straightforward monthly pricing (plus an initiation fee) where customers can join, pause, or cancel at any time. Some of its services include custom credit disputes, goodwill and debt validation letters, credit score assistance, credit rebuilding, and credit coaching sessions.
Overall, Sky Blue may help meet your credit repair needs because the company looks at all aspects of your credit history to determine if there are any items to dispute—it claims it’ll help you dispute them faster than on your own. It can also help you face debt collectors and prepare to purchase a home.
It’s important to do your research before choosing a credit repair company. Get started with our list of the best credit repair companies.
- Offers 90-day money-back guarantee: Sky Blue will give you a refund if you're unhappy for any reason within the first 90 days after enrollment.
- Simple to cancel or pause membership: All you need to do is to log in to the online portal, send a message, or call Sky Blue to cancel your membership with no additional charges.
- Offers customizable services: You can request free extras such as coaching calls or mortgage preparation services.
- No credit monitoring service: Unfortunately, you’ll need to sign up elsewhere if you want to add on credit monitoring services; see our picks for the best credit monitoring services to learn more.
- Few dispute letter types available: Sky Blue will only send debt validation letters, goodwill removal requests, cease-and-desist letters, and hard inquiry disputes. Some competitors will offer more, like Section 604 disputes and Pay for Delete letters.
- No mobile app: Unlike some of its competitors, Sky Blue does not offer a mobile app to check your progress and account details.
Types of Services
Sky Blue Credit offers only one plan with services that are applicable to most, with the option to personalize the approach to suit your needs.
Sky Blue Credit will dispute items on your behalf once it has analyzed your credit reports. You get an unlimited number of disputes (and re-disputes, if necessary).
As necessary, Sky Blue will send debt validation, goodwill, and cease-and-desist letters to credit bureaus and creditors, along with hard inquiry disputes.
Professional Credit Analysis
Sky Blue Credit hires professionals to look at your credit reports for any discrepancies or errors. You can even sign up for a coaching session, where a pro can answer any questions you may have and provide advice about which accounts to dispute.
Sky Blue’s professionals will give you suggestions for improving your credit score, such as opening a secured credit card or paying more than the minimum payment for certain accounts. You can also work with the company to create a long-term plan to rebuild your credit.
If you want to sign up for a credit card to build or rebuild your credit, consider looking into secured credit cards, which may be easier to qualify for.
The following are a few optional services Sky Blue Credit offers, though they’re already included in your monthly fee.
- Mortgage preparation: Sky Blue Credit can help with coming up with a plan to repair your credit in order to help meet your timeline for purchasing a home.
- ID theft consultation: If you believe your identity has been compromised, Sky Blue offers help to figure out what happened and take the necessary steps.
- Debt settlement/negotiation consultations: Sky Blue will negotiate with creditors and collection agencies to attempt to reduce your debt.
Sky Blue Credit offers the following features:
- Free credit repair consultation: In addition to the initial consultation, which is pretty much standard across the industry, customers can request one-on-one calls with Sky Blue Credit representatives for any questions related to credit.
- Fast dispute cycle: While some companies send disputes on a 45-day cycle, Sky Blue uses a 35-day cycle.
- Discount opportunities: Couples can sign up together and receive a discount on the monthly fee; when buying together, the review/setup fee is $119 and so is the monthly fee.
- Money-back guarantee: You can request your money back within 90 days of enrollment if you’re not happy with the service.
- Pause membership: If you’d like to take a break from Sky Blue, you can pause the service and start back up later without paying the setup fee again.
You can get in touch with Sky Blue Credit by calling (800) 790-0445 from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday, or by sending a message on the contact page. Sky Blue doesn’t offer live chat or an app, but you can manage your account 24/7 by logging in online.
Looking at the complaint database maintained by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) helps us gauge the reputation of credit repair companies, although it’s important to note that a lack of complaints doesn’t necessarily indicate a good company reputation.
Sky Blue Credit has had two CFPB complaints in the past three years. The CFPB notes that these complaints were related to customer service and were closed in a timely manner.
Customers don’t need to commit to a long-term contract when signing up with Sky Blue Credit. You can pause or cancel your membership at any time by logging in to your account online, calling customer service, or contacting the company in writing. You will not pay a fee to cancel your membership.
You’ll pay a $79 initial review/setup fee six days after you sign up, and then a $79 monthly membership fee going forward. Couples can save quite a bit by signing up together: For two members, the initial fee is reduced to $119, followed by a $119 monthly fee.
Sky Blue’s money-back guarantee allows you to ask for a refund within the first 90 days—you’ll get both your monthly membership and initiation fee back.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
When it comes to paying professionals to help your financial situation, it’s important to research credit repair companies to find ones that are both reputable and suit your needs.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a credit repair company:
- Pricing: Most credit repair companies charge a first-work or setup fee followed by a monthly fee, and these can range quite a bit. Be aware that some companies charge hidden fees or cancelation fees.
- Free consultation: It’s vital to speak to a credit consultant to understand your credit situation and see how professionally the company behaves. Beware of those that push you to sign up right away or promise to remove information that’s derogatory but true.
- Written contract: It’s important to have a contract in writing so you know what your rights are as a consumer, the exact services that will be provided, and how much they’ll cost.
- Consumer reviews: Check watchdog sites such as the CFPB to see if there have been any complaints or legal actions taken against the company, and consumer review sites like Trustpilot to see what past customers have said.
|Sky Blue Credit||CreditRepair.com||The Credit Guru|
|Services Offered||Score assistance
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||Unlimited||19 per 45-60 days||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors||Debt validation, cease and desist, goodwill, method of verification||Collections, late payments, charge- offs, liens, bankruptcies, repossessions||Various (not disclosed)|
|First Work Fee||$79||$24.95||$149|
|Customer Service Platforms||Phone, contact form||Online, phone, email, live chat, mobile app||Phone, email|
Sky Blue Credit’s services offer a fairly standard, no-surprises approach to credit repair. Fees are about what you’d expect from your average credit repair service, although the company stands out with a customer-friendly cancellation policy and a generous 90-day guarantee. However, there’s some room for improvement in terms of consumer education, and the company fails to offer a credit monitoring option.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company's star ratings and best picks.