Assistant Dean—Accounting, Finance, & Economics and Assistant Professor—Accounting & Finance
St. Louis, MO
Accounting, Banking, Bankruptcy, Corporate Finance, Credit Cards, Cryptocurrency, Debt, Divorce, Economics, Financial Planning, Fintech, Foreclosure, General Business, Insurance—Health Insurance, Insurance—Life Insurance, Insurance—Other Insurance, Investing, Loans—Personal/Auto/Home, Loans—Student, Mortgages, Personal Finance, Real Estate, Real Estate Taxes, Retirement, Statistics, Taxes (Business), Taxes (Personal), Technical Analysis, Trading
- Member of Investopedia's Financial Review Board
- Published in peer-reviewed publications such as the Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Services Review, Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, and Family of Consumer Sciences Research Journal
- Manages and directs the graduate and undergraduate programs in Accounting, Finance and Economics at Maryville University
Somer G. Anderson has been working in the Accounting and Finance industries for over 20 years as a financial statement auditor, a finance manager in a large healthcare organization, and a Finance and Accounting professor. She has a passion for increasing the financial literacy of American consumers and has published her related research in in peer-reviewed publications such as the Journal of Financial Planning, Financial Services Review, Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, and Family of Consumer Sciences Research Journal.
A balance of industry experience, research, and service brings depth to her teaching and allows her to extrapolate teaching moments from real business events. Her years of experience in the Accounting and Finance industries not only fuel her interest in the concepts that she teaches, but also allow her to mentor students to achieve their highest potential, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Ph.D. in Personal Financial Planning from Kansas State University
- Graduate Certificate in Personal Financial Planning from Kansas State University
- Master in Accountancy from University of Missouri, Columbia
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from University of Missouri, Columbia