The Tampa School of Real Estate is worth considering if you want to become a licensed real estate agent or broker in the state of Florida. In addition to licensing exam training for real estate professionals, this school also offers continuing education courses that can help you retain your license. While many of its courses are self-paced or online, you do have the option to attend the Tampa School of Real Estate in person if you prefer. Just keep in mind that all of the classroom locations are in the southern part of the state in cities like Tampa, Sarasota, and Clearwater.
Full-time, expert instructors teach the courses at Tampa School of Real Estate, and you also have access to a dedicated support team.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Courses are offered in-person or online
Many courses are offered in a self-paced format
Certified by ARELLO and licensed to teach real estate courses in the state of Florida
30-day satisfaction guarantee
One-year retake guarantee
Courses are specific to becoming licensed in the state of Florida only
In-person course locations are limited
- Prepare to become a real estate agent or broker in the state of Florida, or participate in continuing education so you can maintain your current real estate license.
- The Tampa School of Real Estate offers in-person and online courses, and many of its online courses are self-paced, meaning you can complete them on your own time.
- This school is incredibly transparent about its pricing, and most of its courses offer one-year access.
- The Tampa School of Real Estate is certified by ARELLO and licensed to teach real estate courses in the state of Florida.
The Tampa School of Real Estate was originally founded in 2007 with the goal of providing high-quality real estate education and exam preparation in the state of Florida. This school offers several locations in Florida towns such as Tampa, Sarasota, and Clearwater, and also offers live online and online self-paced courses that may be more accessible to Florida residents who live further north.
Courses offered include prelicensing and post-licensing training for sales associates, broker licensing training, and continuing education. The Tampa School of Real Estate is certified by ARELLO, one of the most important accrediting bodies in the field of real estate education. The school is also licensed to teach real estate in the state of Florida.
- Year Founded 2007
- Kinds of Courses Real estate courses, broker courses, and continuing education
- Number of States Where Courses Are Offered Florida
- Price Sales Associate Licensing: $297 to $397; Broker Licensing: $349 to $397
- Contact Email: Info@Tampa-School.com; phone: (813) 333-2676
- Official Website www.TampaSchoolofRealEstate.com
The Tampa School of Real Estate offers several real estate courses for individuals who want to become licensed as a real estate agent or broker in Florida, although you don't have to live in Florida to complete the training or to apply for a Florida real estate license. The school will prepare you for the real estate salesperson licensing exam. You can also attend in order to become a real estate broker, which requires another level of educational standards and additional training.
There are several different educational formats, including live, in-person courses in Southern Florida or virtual livestream courses. You can also purchase discounted versions of their courses that are offered in an online, self-paced format. While these courses can help you prepare for real estate agent or broker licensing, you don't get access to the same live instruction as the other options.
The Tampa School of Real Estate lets you complete its real estate agent licensing training during daytime hours in as little as two weeks, or you can also take nighttime courses that meet two times a week for eight weeks.
Tampa School of Real Estate is not one of our top-rated online real estate schools. You can review our list of the best online real estate schools to learn which schools received higher ratings.
- Courses are offered in-person or online: You can opt for in-person instruction if you prefer, but you can also choose live-streaming courses that let you learn from home.
- Many courses are offered in a self-paced format: The Tampa School of Real Estate also offers self-paced online courses for a lower price point which don't require you to complete the training at a specific date or time.
- Transparent pricing: Some real estate schools make you create an account to see their pricing, but the Tampa School of Real Estate posts prices for all their courses clearly online.
- Certified by ARELLO and licensed to teach real estate courses in the state of Florida: The Tampa School of Real Estate is certified to teach real estate and is highly rated.
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee: The school offers a 30-day money-back guarantee provided you request a refund in writing within 30 days of the initial registration date and you have not completed or attended more than the first unit of the course.
- One-year retake guarantee: If you don't pass your end-of-course exam, you can retake your real estate course any time within a year of the original course registration date.
- Courses are specific to becoming licensed in the state of Florida only: This school does not offer real estate training or courses that can help you get licensed in another state.
- In-person course locations are limited: While you can pursue your Florida real estate education in-person if you prefer, physical locations for courses are limited to the southern part of the state in cities like Tampa, Sarasota, and Clearwater.
Once you choose a course at the Tampa School of Real Estate, you can only transfer between classes with approval from the administration. You may also have to pay an unspecified fee to switch courses or class times once your class has begun.
The Tampa School of Real Estate offers a selection of real estate training courses that can be completed in-person, online, or in a self-paced online format. Courses offered include the following:
Sales Associate Licensing
The sales associate licensing course is available for individuals who want to become licensed in the state of Florida. While self-paced courses are available at any time, enrollment periods for in-person and live streaming training are available throughout the year. In-person and live streaming courses are offered over 63 hours during daytime or evening hours on different schedules that vary over time.
Sales Post Licensing
The sales post licensing course helps you build on the information you learned when taking the licensing exam with the goal of beginning a successful career. This course is mostly offered during daytime hours, although the dates and days of the week can vary. A total of 45 hours of instruction is provided in this course.
The broker course offers 72 hours of real estate broker licensing preparation and instruction with the goal of helping you pass the Florida real estate broker licensing exam. This course is offered during daytime and evening hours that vary depending on the class you select. You can also opt to pursue this training in-person or online, as well as in a self-paced format.
Exam Preparation Weekend Classes
The Tampa School of Real Estate also offers additional courses you can take to prepare for your licensing exam. These courses included 14 hours of accelerated review, and they're offered on weekends for your convenience.
This school also offers an array of continuing education courses in a self-paced, online format. Courses offered can help you meet requirements to maintain your Florida real estate license, and they vary in terms of topic and scope. For example, continuing education courses may cover information like real estate and mortgage fraud, real estate ethics, Florida real estate law, and more.
A major benefit of attending the Tampa School of Real Estate is the fact that you can choose to take courses in the format that suits you best. You can opt for in-person courses at various locations throughout southern Florida, but you can also take the same courses in an online, live-streaming format. Separately, you can pursue your Florida real estate education in an online, self-paced format that lets you learn on your own time.
While on-demand, self-paced courses offered by the Tampa School of Real Estate come at a lower price point, you won't have the same level of interaction as you would with a live course.
The Tampa School of Real Estate employs expert instructors who are trained to impart the most important information related to the real estate industry in the state of Florida so that you can pass testing. Courses also come with a dedicated support team and one year of free instructor support after training begins.
Tampa School of Real Estate is licensed to teach real estate courses by the state of Florida. The school is also certified by ARELLO, which is an accrediting body for distance education. The school also boasts more than 1,000 5-star reviews on their website as well as positive experiences from more than 15,000 past students.
The school also has reviews posted on Yelp, where reviewers left an average of 3.5 out of 5 stars. Most reviews were positive, but some reviewers did complain about shortened class times and insufficient preparation for state real estate exams.
Pricing for courses at the Tampa School of Real Estate varies depending on the format you choose. Generally speaking, live classes cost more than the online self-paced courses you can select.
Plan on paying the following for each level of training:
- Sales associate licensing: $397 ($297 self-paced)
- Sales associate post licensing: $197 ($117 self-paced)
- Broker licensing: $397 ($349 self-paced)
- Continuing education: $10+ per course, self-paced
The Tampa School of Real Estate makes it extremely easy to reach them via email or by phone. You can call the school at 813-333-2676 or email them at Info@Tampa-School.com. They also have an email contact form you can use to reach out for more information.
Students of the Tampa School of Real Estate also get access to a dedicated support team during their classes and for one year beyond the day their courses start.
Competition: Tampa School of Real Estate vs. Real Estate Express
While pursuing real estate education in Florida can make sense at the Tampa School of Real Estate, there are other online real estate schools that prepare students for licensing in this state. Quite a few of them offer the same coursework for lower prices, so you should compare several options to find the right fit.
To help in your search for real estate education courses, we compared Tampa School of Real Estate with the highly-rated Real Estate Express.
|Tampa School of Real Estate||Real Estate Express|
|Price||Sales associate licensing: $397 ($297 self-paced)
Sales associate post licensing: $197 ($117 self-paced)
Broker licensing: $397 ($349 self-paced)
Continuing education: $10+ per course, self-paced
|Sales associate licensing: $132 to $439 ($92.40 to $307.30 with coupon code CAREER30)
Broker licensing: $199 to $398 ($139.30 to $278.60 with coupon code CAREER30)
Post-licensing: $99 to $129
|Courses Offered||Real estate courses, broker courses, continuing education||Sales associate and broker licensing courses, post-licensing courses|
|Course Format||In-person and online courses during daytime or evening, self-paced online courses||Live stream
Self-paced courses in some states
|Availability||Florida||Available in all 50 states|
When comparing real estate schools for a career in Florida real estate, it's important to compare course offerings as well as pricing and course format. The biggest difference between the Tampa School of Real Estate and Real Estate Express is that the Tampa School of Real Estate offers the option for in-person courses in the southern part of Florida. This can be better for students who like to be in a physical classroom, as well as those who want to network with other like-minded students.
That said, Real Estate Express does offer lower pricing on all its courses thanks to a coupon code. With that in mind, it is likely a better option provided you planned to pursue real estate education online in the first place.
The Tampa School of Real Estate is an excellent choice for individuals who want to pursue a career in real estate in the state of Florida. The school offers the option for in-person education or live streaming courses online in addition to on-demand course offerings that let you learn at your own pace.
However, when comparing top real estate schools before making a decision, research accreditation, peruse reviews, compare course pricing, and assess timelines and scheduling.
We researched and analyzed numerous facets of each real estate school with a quantitative approach in mind. Some of the elements considered include costs of the classes, course formats, accreditation, and former student reviews. We also look at the overall reputation of the provider, geographic areas where the courses are available, and instructor qualifications. Additionally, we assess how easy it is to navigate the website and whether it includes additional student resources such as blogs, webinars, and career tips.