DEFINITION of Moody's Analytics
Moody’s Analytics is a subsidiary of Moody’s Corporation that offers tools, solutions and best practices for measuring and managing risk. It provides financial intelligence to help clients navigate and respond to an evolving marketplace.
BREAKING DOWN Moody's Analytics
Moody’s Analytics helps organizations and professionals across industries understand the complexities of modern-day business and capitalize on market developments around the world. Its clients include capital markets participants as well as finance, accounting, compliance and risk management professionals. The company aims to help risk professionals make informed decisions and build successful strategies.
Its areas of expertise include credit analysis, economic forecasting, risk management, regulatory compliance and training. The company employs subject matter experts who provide industry expertise and insight and have broad experience in credit analysis, economic research and risk management.
History of Moody's Analytics
Moody’s Analytics started as a commercial distributor of ratings, content and research from Moody’s Investors Service. While it still serves in that capacity, Moody's Analytics has broadened its offerings to include more financial risk solutions. It became an independent entity from Moody’s Investors Service in 2008, and the company has since grown to be a global provider through solution innovation and strategic acquisitions.
Examples of Solutions Moody's Analytics Provides
- Asset and liability management (ALM) - integrates enterprise ALM, liquidity risk management, funds transfer pricing and regulatory reporting capabilities into an enterprise platform
- Credit origination - end-to-end solutions to help lenders make more profitable loans faster
- Data - comprehensive datasets and data management tools
- Economic - global economic data, forecasts and analyses
- Insurance - stochastic models, software and services
- Investments & Pensions - scenario-based asset liability modeling, investment design and risk management solutions
- Portfolio Management - research, data, models and multi-asset class credit risk tools
- Regulatory & Accounting - addresses global regulations and accounting frameworks for the measurement and reporting of capital impacts
- Structured Finance - market insight through research, data and analytics
- Learning Solutions and Certifications - global financial risk management understanding and proficiency
Notable Dates in Moody Analytics' History
2008: Moody’s Analytics becomes a separate entity from Moody’s Investors Services and acquires Fermat International, Enb Consulting Limited and Financial Projections Ltd.
2010: Moody’s Analytics acquires CSI Global Education
2011: Moody's Analytics acquires Barrie & Hibbert Limited
2014: Moody's Analytics acquires Web Equity Solutions and Lewtan
2015: Moody's Analytics acquires the RMBS data and analytics business of Blackbox Logic LLC
2016: Moody’s Analytics acquires GGY
2017: Moody's Analytics acquires Bureau van Dijk and the structured credit business of SCDM Germany