We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you click on links we provide, we may receive compensation. Learn more.
If you're looking for a company that's easy to work with and offers services tailored to your credit repair and credit building needs, it's hard to find a better group than The Credit Pros.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Great customer reviews
Excellent customer support
Offers a 90-day money-back guarantee
Offers credit-building tools, not just credit repair
Credit monitoring and identity theft insurance at no extra cost
A bit on the expensive side
Credit-building tools may be limited
Money-back guarantee comes with strings attached
- The Credit Pros offers three service packages: one to help newbies build credit, and two different tiers of credit repair services.
- Credit repair services are all-inclusive, meaning you don't have to pay anything extra for other services that the company uses to get your reports and monitor your progress.
- The Credit Pros offers a free consultation and a 90-day money-back guarantee, but only on the credit repair packages, and only if it’s not able to remove any incorrect hard inquiries.
The Credit Pros was founded in 2009 by two men, one of whom is a licensed attorney and holds several credit certifications. This Florida-based company has some of the most favorable customer ratings out there from across a wide range of platforms, which goes to show just how many happy customers The Credit Pros have.
Customer reviews speak highly of the company's helpful and accessible customer service, availability for any and all credit-related questions, and positive progress. However, be aware that the company's money-back guarantee may be contingent upon results and is not available with every package, and some of its credit-building tools are limited.
- Year Founded 2009
- Services Offered Credit repair, credit building, credit monitoring, ID theft insurance, business credit repair
- First Work Fee $119
- Monthly Fee $69
- Customer Service Live chat on webpage, in app, and in your online portal; Phone: 1-800-411-3050; Fax: 1-973-732-0794; Email: email@example.com
- Official Website https://thecreditpros.com/
If you're looking for help with your credit score or establishing a credit profile, The Credit Pros may be a good choice. With a comprehensive suite of offerings that can help anyone prepare to rent a home, obtain a mortgage, or open a credit card, The Credit Pros provides credit-building tools and a money-back guarantee.
The Credit Pros offers three levels of service depending on your needs and budget. The company offers a free consultation and guidance on which service to choose.
As part of reviewing The Credit Pros, we evaluated over 15 debt relief companies based on their company reputation, customer service options, products and services, transparency, pricing, and positive reviews and customer testimonials as well as excellent reviews from third parties.
The Credit Pros isn't the only company that can help you grow your credit score. Make sure you look at the top credit repair companies first before deciding on the right one for your needs.
- Great customer reviews: Compared with other companies, The Credit Pros has a widespread presence with overwhelmingly favorable third-party reviews.
- Excellent customer support: It's relatively easy to contact a representative through email, phone, mail, and live chat on the website, mobile app, or your customer portal.
- Offers a 90-day money-back guarantee: If you're unhappy with your progress, you can cancel for a full refund for up to 90 days of service.
- Offers credit-building tools, not just credit repair: Per customer support, The Credit Pros offers a $5,000 line of credit through the Money Management plan to help build their credit. It also offers a credit builder loan on the Success Plus plan.
- Credit monitoring and ID theft insurance at no extra cost: Many other credit repair companies require you to sign up for a third-party credit monitoring service to complete work but The Credit Pros provides this service for free.
- A bit on the expensive side: The Credit Pros isn't the most expensive option out there compared with other credit repair companies, but it ranks among the highest.
- Credit-building tools may be limited: The two cheapest packages only offer regular monitoring of your TransUnion report, one of the three main credit bureaus. According to customer support, the credit builder line of credit only shows up on your Experian report and will not be reflected on your TransUnion or Equifax reports.
- The money-back-guarantee comes with strings attached: The 90-day money-back guarantee is only available for the Prosperity and Success Plus packages, not for the Money Management package. If The Credit Pros removes any incorrect information, the money-back guarantee will be voided.
Types of Debt Addressed
The Credit Pros offers three different levels of service depending on your needs and your budget. According to the website, it takes three to five business days before the company begins working on your credit, but customer support confirms that the company may start working within one day.
The Prosperity Plan is The Credit Pros' lowest-tier credit repair plan for those with verifiable errors on their credit reports. Credit monitoring and score updates with this plan are only available for one of the three credit bureaus, TransUnion.
However, this package will send unlimited disputes to remove incorrect information from your credit reports. If you're having trouble dealing with creditors with nonstop collection calls and other types of harassment, The Credit Pros can help alleviate these situations.
Letters of recommendation from credit repair companies are helpful, but your creditors have no legal obligation to use them.
Success Plus Plan
If you're serious about repairing your credit and not on a limited budget, the Success Plus Plan might be a better option. It includes everything in the Prosperity Plan, plus two additional features.
You'll get full monitoring coverage for each of the three credit bureaus. You'll also get access to a credit builder loan, which will add another positive account to all three of your credit reports as long as you make timely payments.
Money Management Plan
If you're new to building credit, most credit repair companies are unable to help you. This package from The Credit Pros is geared towards developing good credit habits that enhance your credit reports and your score. A credit analyst will review your credit reports and help you develop a customized plan.
The Credit Pros may offer you a $5,000 line of credit from National Credit Direct. You can only use this to shop for limited purchases in the National Credit Direct store. Although this credit line can help build credit, it will only be listed on your Experian credit report.
Use credit cards to build credit but try to pay the balance in full each month, especially if you're new to using credit cards.
The Credit Pros provides features such as a free consultation and multiple package options. The company offers custom advice and guidance for all of its levels. If you're unsure how to pay off your debt, they'll advise you on the best course of action. If you run a business and need help with your business credit score, they may also be able to assist you. The Credit Pros is one of the few credit repair companies to offer an app-based service where you can chat live with a credit analyst.
The Credit Pros' customer support is exceptional. You can reach customer support from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. The Credit Pros is available across a wider-than-normal range of platforms. You can chat with a live representative quickly and easily within customer service hours. Live chat is within your online customer portal, through the app, and even on the website.
- Phone: (800) 411-3050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (973) 732-0794
- Mailing address:
7750 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach
Reviews of The Credit Pros are plentiful and generally very positive across third-party sites. We suggest searching the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) database for complaints about each company you're considering. The Credit Pros does not have any registered complaints with the CFPB database.
Unfortunately, the credit repair world is plagued with scams. Red flags include promises to remove all negative marks from your credit reports, advising you not to contact the credit reporting agencies yourself, or refusing to tell you your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Average Relief Amount
The Credit Pros does not specify an amount of average relief for customers. However, the founder, Jason M. Kaplan, Esq., brought the nation’s best FICO experts to The Credit Pros and developed advanced methods and strategies over ten years.
Average Time for Relief
It often only takes a few months to get errors fixed on your credit report, whereas building a strong credit profile can take years. Most consumers cancel service when they've seen the success they're looking for in terms of a better credit score.
If you're not happy with the service, you can get a full refund within five days of signing up. You may be able to get up to 90 days of fees refunded, but only if you meet the following criteria:
- You haven't hired another credit repair agency within the past 180 days.
- You followed all of the instructions, terms, and conditions laid out in the contract.
- You paid for either the Prosperity or Success Plus packages (the Money Management package is not eligible for a 90-day money-back guarantee).
- The Credit Pros hasn't sent out any dispute letters within 30 days from the time you hired them, or they weren't able to remove any inaccurate information from your credit report within 90 days.
In return for the better-than-average service that you'll get with The Credit Pros, you will have to spend a bit more compared to other companies. Here's what you can expect to pay for each plan:
|Plan||First Work Fee||Monthly Fee|
The Credit Pros offers discounts to lower the cost for certain consumers. If you receive Social Security income or are active-duty military, you may qualify. In addition, the company grants limited discount opportunities for those with an exceptional amount of work on their credit reports.
|The Credit Pros||Credit Versio||Credilife|
|Services Offered||Credit building, Credit and hard inquiry disputes, Credit monitoring, Identity theft insurance, Business credit repair||Software-driven credit analysis, Credit disputes, Credit education, Credit monitoring, Identity theft insurance||Credit and hard inquiry disputes, Credit monitoring, Identity theft insurance for a fee|
|Maximum # disputes||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors/Bureaus||Credit Disputes, Letter of Reference||Credit Disputes||Debt Validation, Credit Disputes, Letters for Anything Derogatory, Goodwill Removal, Cease-and-Desist|
|Customer Service||Email, phone, live chat online and in app||Email, phone||Email, phone|
The Credit Pros is an excellent choice for most people looking for credit repair. The company is highly regarded, offers extensive customer support, and features customized options. However, pricing is high for those on a budget, so other companies may work better for you.
The Credit Pros is our highest-rated credit repair company, but if you’d like to shop around see all of our picks for the best credit repair services in the industry.
Who Can Help Evaluate My Credit Score?
A credit repair company like The Credit Pros can help evaluate your credit score and help build or repair it. Additionally, a fee-only fiduciary financial advisor can also help advise you on how to grow your credit score, as well as every other aspect of your financial life. They're more expensive but integrate everything, including your credit, investments, savings, budget, and plans.
What Is the Fair Credit Reporting Act?
Many credit repair companies do not provide the services they promise. The Fair Credit Reporting Act protects consumers against credit card fraud and credit repair scams.
What Additional Charges Can I Expect from a Credit Repair Company?
Many credit repair companies charge extra for things like disputing hard credit inquiries, which detail your full credit report and may even deduct points from your credit score. Before you choose a credit repair firm, ask about any fees the company charges.
Investopedia compared more than 15 debt relief companies in our independent study, including companies that offer debt settlement and credit counseling or debt management plans. We compared these providers based on their company reputation, customer service options, products and services, transparency, pricing, and more. Companies that received the highest ranking in our study had excellent reviews, testimonials, and online transparency. We also looked to third parties for their reviews.
The Credit Pros. "How Much Does It Cost."
Trustpilot. "The Credit Pros."
Google. "The Credit Pros."
The Credit Pros. "Refund Policy and Limited Money Back Guaranty."
The Credit Pros. "Contact Us."
CFPB. "Consumer Complaint Database."
CFPB. "How can I tell a credit repair scam from a reputable credit counselor?"
The Credit Pros. "Services."
FICO. "How to fix errors on your credit reports and how they occur."