Beginner's Guide To CQG Integrated Client Trading Platform: Introduction
CQG, Inc.'s flagship product is CQG Integrated Client (CQG IC), which combines electronic trading tools, global market data and advanced analytics in one application. The platform offers:
Electronic Trade Routing
- Electronic trading connectivity to more than 40 exchanges.
- High-speed network of distributed exchange gateways.
- Partnerships with over 70 FCMs.
- Depth-of-market views on price ladders and trading directly from the charts and quote pages.
- Comprehensive pre-trade risk management.
- Multi-legged, intermarket, intramarket and exchange-traded spreads can be created, traded and managed.
- Orders for outrights and spreads based on yields.
- Two depth-of-market order book views of the electronic exchanges (DOMTrader and Order Ticket).
- A trade routing application that can be attached to any CQG application, such as a quote board or chart (Order Desk).
- CQG's server-side order routing gateways manage where you get filled when you trade similar instruments on two or more exchanges (aggregation).
- Charts include a trade routing tool and order management window (SnapTraderwith the Order Book).
- Spreadsheet trading with over 200 market data elements available, including order routing (Spreadsheet Trader).
- Synthetic and exchange-traded spreads can be monitored and traded from two customizable, matrix-style quote displays (Spread Matrix and Spread Pyramid).
- CQG and custom study values and condition alerts can be displayed on the DOMTrader
SEE: Risk Management Techniques For Active Traders
CQG Smart Orders
CQG, Inc. supports both exchange-supported and synthetic orders. Each smart order has unique features designed to aid the trader in better order and trade management. Smart orders include:
- DOM-triggered stop/stop limit
- Trailing limit
- Trailing stop/stop limit
- Study-following order
- Condition following order
- Alert trading
- Algorithmic orders
Consolidated Market Data
- High-speed, real-time and historical market data from over 100 global sources.
- Foreign exchange, fixed income, energy, derivatives, equities, single stock futures and OTC markets.
- Different styles of quote displays.
- Cost-effective, scalable market data management and delivery.
- Dedicated data quality staff in five locations across the globe covering the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Symbol search
- Advanced charting and analytics
- Numerous chart styles, including CQG Inc.'s exclusive TFlow.
- Portfolio and Instrument Monitors.
- Over 100 basic and custom studies.
- Custom formula builder.
- Various types of alerts.
- Powerful trade system design and backtesting features.
- Advanced options strategies analytics.
- Computer-readable news: key U.S., Canadian and European economic releases.
- Comprehensive Dow Jones Newswires, The Hightower Report, LaSalle Street News, MarketG2 News, Market News International and Need to Know News.
- Search and filtering features