We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
USA Credit Repair makes bold claims about the effectiveness of its services, saying it can improve credit scores by as much as 90 points in just 90 days. However, the company has very little information about its services and pricing online. Existing customer reviews are concerning, with several people saying they were charged thousands without getting results.
There are other credit repair companies out there with better reputations, so it’s wise to consider other options. See our list of the best credit repair companies instead.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Free credit consultation
Very little information online
Concerning customer reviews
- USA Credit Repair is owned by LinkedUp Media.
- The company is based in New York, NY.
- Works with the three main credit agencies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- Offers debt validation, goodwill intervention, and dispute services.
- Accelerated program available.
USA Credit Repair is owned by LinkedUp Media, a company that owns several brands, including supplement and clothing companies.
The company lists comprehensive credit repair services on its website without contracts. Based in New York, NY, USA Credit Repair reported that it has helped over 270,000 customers since its inception. However, reviews of the company are limited, and the few that do exist are quite negative.
- Year Founded 1996
- Services Offered Credit repair
- First Work Fee Not disclosed
- Monthly Fee $99 minimum
- Customer Service Phone: (800) 509-5751. Email: email@example.com
- Official Website www.usacreditrepairinc.com
If you are one of the millions of people in the U.S. with poor credit, you know how frustrating it can be trying to get a loan or credit card. To improve your credit quickly, you may be considering using a credit repair service like USA Credit Repair.
According to USA Credit Repair, customers will see results within the first 30 days. However, you should proceed with caution; the company provides few details about its services or pricing.
Be wary of any credit repair company that promises specific results. Many factors can affect your credit score, so it’s impossible to predict how a credit repair service can impact your score.
- No contracts: While some credit repair companies require you to sign lengthy contracts, USA Credit Repair allows customers to pay on a monthly basis.
- Free credit consultation: You can contact USA Credit Repair and get a free credit consultation to review your credit reports. This can help you gauge if it’s the right company for you.
- Very little information online: Major credit repair companies typically have detailed websites that outline the services they provide, their pricing model, and educational resources. USA Credit Repair’s site is much more barebones, with very little specific information.
- Unclear fees: USA Credit Repair does not list its fees for services on its site. And while it lists $0 setup fees as one of its benefits, further down on its page it says that an initial setup work fee will be charged within the first week or once initial work is completed.
- Concerning customer reviews: Although reviews about USA Credit Repair are limited, the few reviews that are available are concerning. Several customers allege paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars without seeing results. Others said that they were charged for services they didn’t agree to, and they had difficulties getting help from the company.
Types of Services
For individuals with poor credit, USA Credit Repair claims it can help you improve your credit score by disputing inaccurate items on your credit reports. According to the company, individuals can increase their scores by as many as 90 points in 90 days.
Information about USA Credit Repair’s services is very limited, but the company does say it offers the following.
USA Credit Repair will work with you to review your credit reports and dispute inaccurate accounts with the credit bureaus.
If you have debt that is in default or collections, USA Credit Repair will send a debt validation letter to the creditor. Legally, the creditor has to prove the debt is timely and belongs to you, or you can have the item removed from your credit reports.
USA Credit Repair will send goodwill intervention letters to creditors that have reported late payments. The letter requests that the creditor remove the late payment; in exchange, you agree to make future payments by their deadlines,
USA Credit Repair does not offer additional services.
CreditRepair.com customers can utilize the following features:
- Free credit repair consultation: You can contact USA Credit Repair for a free credit consultation and review of your credit reports.
- Accelerated program: If you need to get results as quickly as possible, USA Credit Repair has an accelerated program for an additional fee.
- Online account access: You can access your account 24/7 through the USA Credit Repair customer portal.
Although credit repair services may be convenient, you can do everything they can at no cost on your own, although it’ll take some time and effort. Review your credit reports for free at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Although there are some credit repair companies that offer 24/7 customer support, USA Credit Repair’s team is only available during business hours Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Customer support can be reached by phone at (800) 509-575, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is limited information about USA Credit Repair’s reputation. There are currently no complaints posted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) (although this doesn’t say anything about the company’s reputation), nor have any reviews been posted on Trustpilot.
However, there have been complaints submitted to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). In the submitted complaints, customers alleged USA Credit Repair charged them hundreds or thousands of dollars without seeing any results. Several said they requested refunds, and never heard back from customer support.
Worse, there are a few complaints that say customers’ bank accounts or credit cards were charged for services they didn’t agree to, and they struggled to reach company representatives for refunds of those charges. In one case, a customer claimed they were mistakenly charged hundreds for BioLife Supplements—another company owned by the same parent company as USA Credit Repair—rather than for credit repair services.
USA Credit Repair does not require customers to sign contracts. Instead, you can pay for its services on a monthly basis and cancel anytime.
A representative told us that the company does also have a yearly plan, and, if you decide to cancel, there is a $199 cancellation fee.
USA Credit Repair doesn’t list its pricing online, but when we spoke to a representative, they told us the least expensive plan starts at $99 per month. There is also an annual plan which costs $499.
The company representative said USA Credit Repair backs its services with a 30 to 90-day money-back guarantee, but it’s unclear what the details are.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There are many credit repair companies, and they can vary in terms of price, service, and responsiveness. Before signing an agreement and handing over your money, consider these factors:
- Setup and ongoing fees: Depending on the company, there may be a setup fee and an ongoing monthly fee for service.
- Customer support: Some credit repair companies provide customer service around the clock, while others are only available during normal business hours.
- Commitment: While some companies allow you to pay monthly, others require you to commit to a longer term. And if you cancel, you may have to pay a cancellation fee.
- Refund policies: Many companies offer service guarantees and will refund your payments if you’re unhappy with the service you receive.
- Additional features: Some companies have extra benefits like credit monitoring, identity theft protection, and financial planning tools.
Credit repair companies are different from credit counseling agencies. A non-profit credit counseling agency can provide assistance in developing a debt management plan and creating a budget.
USA Credit Repair says its customers can experience dramatic results, but it’s always a good idea to research other options. Another credit repair company to consider is The Credit Pros, one of the best credit repair companies.
Unlike USA Credit Repair, The Credit Pros clearly lists its fees and available services. In addition to credit report disputes and credit monitoring, the company provides identity theft protection and financial planning services.
You can contact The Credit Pros via phone or online, and it also has a powerful mobile app you can use to monitor your credit score’s progress.
|USA Credit Repair||The Credit Pros|
|Services Offered||Credit report disputes Creditor intervention||Credit report disputes Creditor intervention Credit monitoring Identity theft protection Financial planning|
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors/Bureaus||Debt validation, goodwill||Not disclosed|
|First Work Fee||Not disclosed||$119 to $149|
|Monthly Fee||$99 and up||$69 to $149|
|Customer Service Platforms||Online, phone||Online, phone, mobile app|
Although USA Credit Repair may be helpful for some customers, its lack of transparency about its fees and services is a significant drawback. There are many other companies that clearly list their services and plan costs, and that have stronger reputations for customer service and responsiveness.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company's star ratings and best picks.